Grilled Flank Steak
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (Zona Italy)
- 6 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or a mix), chopped (Reyes Ranch)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning steak (Nordic Catch)
- 4 large cloves garlic, sliced (Reyes Ranch)
- ¼ teaspoon organic crushed red pepper (Zona Italy)
- 2 tablespoons organic balsamic vinegar (Gourmet Blends)
- 1 tablespoon organic wildflower honey (Pedro’s Ranch)
- ¼ cup sliced oil-packed dried tomatoes (Zona Italy)
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil (Reyes Ranch)
- 3 pounds grass fed organic beef flank steak (Novy Ranch)
- Organic cracked black pepper
- For relish, in an extra-large, deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add peppers and stir to coat with oil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook until peppers are softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and sugar (or sweetener of choice), reduce heat to prevent scorching, and cook until vinegar reduces and becomes syrupy, about 10 minutes. Add sun dried tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes to incorporate flavors. Remove from heat and add basil. Set aside.
- Pat steak dry and season both sides generously with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Grill steaks on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°). Remove steaks from the grill, tent with foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain. Serve relish warm or at room temperature over sliced flank steak. I like to serve this dish with a chilled couscous salad with lots of diced vegetables.